CREAMY TOMATO PASTA BAKE WITH CHICKEN (ONE POT)
A pasta bake with plenty of thick, creamy tomato sauce….made with NO CREAM….all in ONE POT! Even the pasta is cooked right in the pan with the sauce! Creamy Tomato Pasta Bake with Chicken is the ultimate recipe for low-effort comfort food to feed a family or group of friends.
A pasta bake, cooked entirely in one pot! The sauce is creamy and tomatoey but is made without a drop of cream, making this a great midweek meal.
Course: Dinner, Pasta
Calories: 469 kcal
Author: Nagi | RecipeTin
· 4 tbsp unsalted butter
· 1 small onion , diced
· 2 garlic cloves , minced
· 6 tbsp / 1/2 cup plain flour
· 2 cups milk (500ml)
· 2 cups tomato passata (500ml) (Note 1)
· 1 cup water (or chicken or vegetable broth) (250ml)
· 2 tsp salt
· Black pepper
· 3 cups dried ziti / penne pasta
· 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
· 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
· 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
· Fresh basil leaves
· Freshly grated parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
2. Melt butter in a deep fry pan or skillet (Note 2) over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes until translucent. Add the flour and stir to combine, then cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the milk and whisk for 1 minute, in small circles around the fry pan, until it starts to thicken. Then add the tomato passata, water, salt and pepper. Increase the heat to medium high and cook for around 5 minutes or until thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon (see photo below). Whisk occasionally for the first 3 minutes, then whisk constantly for the last 2 minutes.4.....................
6.............................. full instructions: https://www.recipetineats.com/one-pot-creamy-tomato-chicken-pasta-bake-no-cream/