COZY AUTUMN WILD RICE SOUP
This Cozy Autumn Wild Rice Soup is wonderfully creamy and comforting. See tips above for how to modify this recipe to be gluten-free and/or vegan, if you prefer.
· 6 cups vegetable stock
· 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
· 4 cloves garlic, minced
· 2 medium carrots, diced
· 2 ribs celery, diced
· 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
· 1 bay leaf
· 3 tablespoons butter
· 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
· 1 1/2 cups milk
· 2 large handfuls of kale, roughly chopped with thick stems removed
· Kosher salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
INSTANT POT (PRESSURE COOKER) METHOD:
1. Combine vegetable stock, wild rice, mushrooms, garlic, carrots, celery, sweet potato, onion, bay leaf and Old Bay seasoning in the bowl of an pressure cooker. Stir briefly to combine.
2. Cover and set vent to “sealing”. Cook on manual (high pressure) for 25 minutes. Let the Instant Pot rest there for an extra 10 minutes (natural release). Then carefully turn the vent to “venting” and release the remaining pressure (quick release). Remove lid and discard the bay leaf.
3. Meanwhile, during those final 10 minutes of pressure cooking, prepare your cream sauce on the stove. In a medium saucepan, cook the butter over medium-high heat until melted. Whisk in the flour until combined, and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add in the milk, and whisk until combined. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the mixture comes to a simmer and has thickened. (It should be very thick.)
Full instructions: Click here