Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Chili Recipe
The best and easiest chili recipe ready in under 30 minutes! Lots of chicken, beans and jalapeño peppers!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 large onion peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 24 ounces jarred roasted red peppers in juices
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast or tenders
- 30 ounces red kidney beans drained
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
First, preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, then the chopped onions, peppers, celery, and garlic. Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes to soften.
Then, pour the sautéed vegetables and drained red beans into a large slow cooker. Place the chicken on top, then sprinkle the chili powder, cumin, and salt in the slow cooker.
Pour the roasted red peppers in a pot and their juice in a blender. Reduce to a very smooth puree.
Pour the red pepper purée and chicken broth into the slow cooker. Cover and light low for 6-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
When the chicken is cooked through. Remove it with tongs and shred the chicken with a fork. Stir the grated chicken in the slow cooker. Serve hot! Happy Cooking Time.