A simple symphony of vegetables, cheese and meat, all suspended in a creamy sauce. Once assembled, the dish can be cooked immediately.
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 large eggs, beaten (or 2 cups egg substitute)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cups diced, cooked ham (or Canadian bacon)
- Two 12-ounce cans evaporated milk (can use whole, 2% or fat free)
- 6 cups frozen, shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Jalapeno Monterey Jack Cheese (can sub cheddar or Swiss)
First, Grease a rectangular dish of 3 liters. Arrange the potatoes evenly in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with cheese, ham and green onion. In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the potato mixture into a dish.
Then, At this point, you can cover and refrigerate until cooking time (several hours or overnight). When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350 ° F. Bake uncovered for 45-55 minutes or until center is set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. If the cooking has been cooled, you will need to increase the cooking time from 55 to 60 minutes.
Happy Cooking TimeJ