CROCK POT ZUPPA TOSCANA
There's just something I love about opening my front door to an explosion of aroma in a slow cooker filled with a hearty soup. Filled with sausage, bacon, potatoes, and kale, this Olive Garden copier recipe is simply heartwarming.
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 6 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage (or your favorite minced sausage)
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 lb potatoes, sliced 1/4 "thick
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, squeezed or minced
- 1 cup heavy cream (or half and a half)
- 1 bunch of kale, about 3 cups chopped (or spinach)
First, in a skillet, brown the sausage, bacon, and onion together until the onion is soft and the meat is golden brown. Then add the mixture to the slow cooker (6 quarts or more).
Then, add the garlic, oregano, and pepper to the slow cooker and stir.
Add the potatoes and broth. Stir.
Cover and cook on high for 3.5 hours or on low for 7 hours.
When the cooking time is up, finish by adding the chopped kale (or spinach) and cream and stir.
Replace the lid and heat for another 15 minutes on high power or 25 minutes on low.
Serve with good crusty bread.
Happy Cooking Time.