HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI MEAT SAUCE
Ditch the canned spaghetti sauce for this tasty and meaty homemade spaghetti meat sauce. Only takes a few minutes to prepare, then simmer for incredible flavor. Serve over pasta noodles or use in any recipe that calls for spaghetti sauce.
- 6 ounces of tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef (or 1/2 lb ground Italian sausage and 1/2 lb ground beef)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 15 ounces of tomato sauce
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (optional)
- spaghetti noodles, for serving
First, season the ground beef with S&P.
Then, in a large skillet, add the beef and chopped onion and brown. Drain off excess fat.
Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic powder, crushed red pepper,
Worcestershire, and sugar to the pan.
Mix well and bring to a boil. Add water and mix well.
Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Add chopped basil before serving, if desired. Happy Cooking Time.