PARMESAN ZUCCHINI AND CORN
This week I am focusing on recipes for using garden items. To start, I start with stir-fry corn with zucchini and parmesan cheese. Zucchini is an item that I love to plant. However, one plant produces so many zucchini that I'm still looking to use it.
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 zucchinis, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan, or more, to taste
First, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Then, add the zucchini, corn, basil, oregano, and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally until zucchini is tender and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes; Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the lime juice and cilantro.
Serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan.
Happy Cooking Time.