SPINACH TOMATO TORTELLINI SOUP
A simple broth enriched with tomatoes is perfect for cheese tortellini and fresh spinach. Increase the garlic and add the Italian seasoning to taste.
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pkg. (9 ounces) chilled three cheese tortellini
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups of baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) small diced tomatoes, undrained
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
First, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot or casserole dish over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
Then, stir in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, tortellini, basil, oregano, bay leaf, and 1 cup of water;
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until tortellini are cooked through about 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in spinach until just starting to wilt, about 2 minutes.
Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan.
Happy Cooking Time.