VEGAN BANANA BREAD
A classic and proven vegan banana bread! Perfectly chewy and delicious, this healthy vegan banana bread recipe is a great snack or a great way to start the day.
- 1/3 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 180 g / 1½ cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 100 g / ½ cup raw brown cane sugar
- 75 ml / ¼ cup + 1 tsp. Whole coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of lemon or lime juice
- 1½ cup mashed overripe bananas / 3 medium to large bananas
- 75 ml / ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped + more for sprinkling (optional)
First, heat oven to 175 ° C / 350 ° F and line 900 g / 2 lb cake pan with parchment paper. Lower the oven rack one notch from the middle position.
Then,in a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. In another bowl, combine all the wet ingredients and ½ cup of nuts.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three batches, mixing well each time. Stir until no more dry flour remains, but do not over mix!
Pour the cake batter into the pan and sprinkle with chopped walnuts if desired. The cake is just as nice without them.
Bake for about 65-70 minutes, the exact time depends on the individual oven. Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting. Happy Cooking Time.