Braised Chicken with Carrots and Potatoes
Very easy and always tasty. Serve with steamed green beans ... all you need is in the pan! Adding thyme right before serving makes this dish really flavorful.
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 large skin bones on fat trimmed chicken thighs
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour can replace whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Then, generously season the chicken with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 4-6 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
Add the onion to the pan and stir. Add the potatoes and carrots. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and sauté until the vegetables start to brown, about 5 minutes.
Add the flour and toss to coat. Add white wine, simmer until wine is cooked. Add the chicken broth and smoked paprika. Return the chicken to the pan and bring to a boil.
Cover the pot, place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until the chicken and vegetables are
Stir in the thyme. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, then serve. Happy Cooking Time.