DETOX KALE SALAD
This easy detox salad is really delicious! It's made with all kinds of fresh, pleasant-to-the-touch greens, and topped with a sweet and tangy carrot and ginger vinaigrette.
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons of old-fashioned mustard
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 2 teaspoons of pure maple syrup, optional
- 1/3 cup grape seed oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
For the salad:
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 cups dinosaur kale, tightly wrapped and thinly sliced
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 1 red pepper, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
First, whisk together all the dressing ingredients (or put everything in a small blender and toss) and set aside until ready to use.
Then, add kale, cabbage, broccoli, peppers and carrots to a large serving bowl.
Pour the desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss until everything is coated.
Add parsley, diced avocado, sesame seeds and walnuts and mix again.
Serve as a starter salad or as a side salad to your favorite meal.
Happy Cooking Time.