French Dip Sandwich
This FRENCH DIP SANDWICH is one of the blog's most popular recipes! This is a very simple recipe and it is prepared in the slow cooker. Your whole family will love this one and your home will smell amazing as long as they're in the slow cooker.
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sliced onion
- 10 ½ ounces of low sodium beef broth
- 12 ounces of light beer
- 1 sprig of optional rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 tablespoons of butter
- 10 ½ ounces of low sodium onion soup
- 3-4 pounds of chuck or rump roast
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 8 French rolls or 2 baguettes cut into 6 "rolls
First, season the roast with salt and pepper. Brown in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Then, place the rest of the ingredients (except the rolls and butter) in a slow cooker. Cook over low heat 8 hours or on high 4 hours or until the beef is tender.
Once the roast is tender, remove from the juice and let stand 15 minutes. Grate or slice beef.
Rolled butter and heat under a grill until lightly toasted. Top rolls with beef and serve with juice from slow cooker for soaking.
Happy Cooking Time.