Healthy Vegetarian Nachos
Looking for the ultimate vegetarian nachos recipe! No meat here - just tortilla chips, beans, veg, lots of cheese a simple.
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, diced or sliced
- 1 1/2 cups mixed shredded low fat cheese (I use a combination of mozzarella and cheddar)
- 8 cups baked or low fat tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup canned corn, rinsed and drained
- sour cream, salsa and fresh cilantro for serving
First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Then, add the tortilla chips to the bottom of a large cast iron skillet or baking sheet and arrange so that they overlap slightly.
Sprinkle half the cheese evenly over the tortilla chips.
Evenly add cherry tomatoes, corn, black beans, red onion and bell pepper on top of tortilla chips.
Add the rest of the cheese evenly over the vegetables.
Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 6 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Enjoy immediately with low fat sour cream, salsa and fresh cilantro on top. Happy Cooking Time.