Jalapeno Popper Meatballs
These juicy and delicious meatballs have a hidden, spicy surprise! They are stuffed with jalapeno popper goodness. Like my favorite bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers, they're easy to make and packed with flavor!
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese
- salsa and chopped cilantro for serving
First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Then, combine all ingredients EXCEPT cream cheese in a large bowl. Mix together.
Divide the mixture into 16 portions. Cut the cream cheese into 16 pieces. Shape each piece of ground beef mixture around a piece of cream cheese.
Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or greased.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Serve with salsa and chopped fresh cilantro.
Happy Cooking Time.
You can freeze cream cheese and this will help prevent it from oozing and sinking.