Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal
This zucchini baked oatmeal recipe makes it easy to slip veggies into your morning. It's perfect for meal prep - just reheat and serve!
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats or gluten-free oats
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of grated zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups of milk of your choice
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled (or butter, melted and cooled)
- Candied pecans, to garnish the oatmeal, optional
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 × 8 square baking dish and set aside.
Then, in a medium bowl, combine the oatmeal, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
In another medium bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, coconut oil (or butter) and vanilla.
Pour the milk mixture over the oatmeal and stir until well blended. Add the zucchini and stir again.
Pour the oat mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the top is golden and the oatmeal is set. Let cool for 5 minutes. Pour into bowls and serve with candied pecans, if desired. Happy Cooking Time.
This oven-baked oatmeal is excellent reheated in the microwave. I always add a little milk after reheating to revive it. This recipe can easily be doubled for a 9 × 13 pan. Use gluten free oats to make this gluten free recipe. Other garnish ideas: brown sugar, cinnamon, dried cranberries or raisins.