BEST TURKEY CHILI
This turkey chili recipe can be on the table in under an hour and is divinely delicious, healthy yet hearty, and so full of flavor you won't even miss the beef!
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 4 tablespoons of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 2 (15 oz) cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and more to taste
- 1 can (15 oz.) Sweet corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey or chicken (99%)
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes
- For the garnish: cheese, avocado, tortilla chips, cilantro, sour cream
First, put the oil in a large saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic and red pepper and sauté for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
Then, add the ground turkey and break up the meat; baking until no longer pink. Then add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt; stir for about 20 seconds.
Then add the tomatoes, chicken broth, red beans and corn. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes or until the chilli pepper thickens and the flavors come together. Taste and adjust the seasonings and salt if necessary.
Decorate with whatever you want. Makes 6 servings, approximately 1 1/2 cups each. Happy Cooking Time.