Chinese Hunan Chicken
Tasty Hunan Chinese Chicken is much easier but the same delicious as many other famous chicken recipes.
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup + 2 teaspoons cornstarch divided use
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1 cup canned corn, drained and halved
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons of chili paste such as sambal oelek
First, place chicken and 1/4 cup cornstarch in resealable plastic bag, shake to evenly coat.
Then, heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat.
Add the chicken to the pan in a single layer and season to taste with S&P.
Cook 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Cook in multiple batches if necessary.
Remove the chicken from the pan and place it on a paper towel-lined plate.
Add the broccoli, celery and peppers to the pan. Cook, 4 to 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Incorporate the small corn. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
Return the chicken to the pan with the vegetables.
In a small bowl, whisk together chicken broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice vinegar, honey, chili paste and 2 teaspoons of cornstarch.
Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables; bring to a boil. Cook, 1 to 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Serve immediately over rice if desired. Happy Cooking Time.