Claypot Chicken Rice
Claypot Chicken Rice is a delicious, unique meal that can be easily prepared at home. Adding mushrooms and Chinese sausages makes it even tastier.
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of black soybeans
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1 Chinese sausage
- 4 chicken thighs, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons of light soybeans
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups of rice
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine
- 1 inch of ginger, cut into julienne
- 5 dried shitake mushrooms, soaked in lukewarm water for 20 minutes
First, mix the chicken with all the ingredients except the rice, mushrooms, spring onions and broth. Leave to marinate for at least half an hour.
Then, heat 1 tbsp. Tablespoons of oil in a wok and sauté the marinated chicken meat for 1 minute. Add the mushroom slices, the sliced Chinese sausage. Arrange and set aside
Put the rice and chicken broth in the cold pot and place it over medium heat with the lid on. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce the heat to low, then allow the rice to steam for 15 minutes. The rice should be almost cooked, with small holes in the flat surface.
Spread the chicken mixture on top of the rice and replace the lid. Continue to steam over low heat for another 15 minutes, until the chicken is white and cooked through. Stir and sprinkle spring onions on top and serve piping hot. Happy Cooking Time.