Crispy Chilli Beef Noodles
These crispy chili beef noodles are the ultimate take-home supper. Tender pan-seared beef sirloin until crisp, then drizzled with a sweet and tangy ginger garlic sauce. Served over a bed of noodles to keep that dinner super-fast.
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 250g medium dried egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper - seeded and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves - peeled and minced
- 3 limes
- 1 red chilli pepper - finely chopped
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 300g sirloin steak - cut into thin strips (tip - freeze for 10 minutes to make it easier to thinly slice)
- 1 inch-sized piece of ginger - peeled and minced
- 200 g broccoli - (about 1 large head) cut into small florets
- 90 ml of black soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons of powdered sugar or superfine sugar
- 4 spring onions (green onions) - chopped into 2 cm pieces
- 1 teaspoon of chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh peppers
- 2 spring onions (green onions) - finely chopped
First, cook the noodles in a large pot of boiling water according to the cooking instructions (usually 3-4 minutes). Drain, run under cold water to stop cooking, then place in a bowl and toss with sesame oil to prevent the noodles from sticking together. Set aside.
Then place the steak strips in a bowl and add the cornstarch, salt and pepper. Toss until the beef strips are completely coated.
Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, tilt the beef and fry it until dark brown and crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove the beef from the pan and place in a bowl lined with paper towels to soak up excess fat.
Lower the heat to medium and add the ginger, garlic, broccoli and red peppers to the pan. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until lightly cooked but still crispy. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon.
Lime juice in a bowl, then add soy sauce, sugar, and chopped chili. Mix and pour into the wok. Increase the heat and let the sauce boil for 2-3 minutes until reduced by a third. Add the cooked noodles and continue cooking until the noodles are heated through. Add the cooked beef, broccoli, peppers and spring onion. Heat for 2-3 minutes, moving the noodles around the pan to prevent sticking. Once everything is hot, divide into bowls and garnish with chili flakes, chopped peppers and spring onions. Happy Cooking Time.