Easy chocolate trifle
Store-bought ingredients are put to good use in this easy chocolate trifle. Great for Christmas, where it makes a gorgeous centerpiece for any party table, but it also works well as a dessert to make any time of the year.
- 16.5 oz canned chocolate cake mix (+ ingredients needed to make the cake)
- 1/2 cup hot fondant sauce
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate bar shavings, for garnish
- 1/2 cup crushed Oreo cookies
- 2 cans (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 cups whole milk, cold (for pudding mixture)
- 16 ounces of whipped topping (like Cool Whip), thawed
First, prepare the chocolate cake according to the instructions on the package. Let cool completely. Crumble.
Then, prepare the pudding according to the instructions on the package.
In a 4 to 5 quart glass trifle bowl, place in the following order: half the crumbled cake, half the fudge sauce, half the pudding, half the crushed Oreos, half the chocolate and half of the Cool Whisk.
Repeat the layers in the same order.
Cover and refrigerate for a few hours (or overnight).
Uncover, garnish with rolled up chocolate shavings and serve!
Happy Cooking Time.