EASY ITALIAN CHICKEN SKILLET
This easy Italian chicken skillet is a delicious and healthy meal to make any night of the week!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 jar (about 1 cup) roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cups (about 10 ounces) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- optional garnish: grated parmesan cheese
First, season the chicken breasts with a generous pinch of salt and pepper on each side.
Then, heat the oil in a large sauté pan (pan) over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts in a single layer and cook 4 to 5 minutes on one side. Then turn and cook on the second side for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside. Transfer the chicken breasts to a separate plate and set aside.
Add the onions to the pan with the remaining oil and sauté for 3 minutes or until cooked through. Add the garlic and tomatoes to the pan and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to break down. Add the roasted red peppers and half the fresh basil and sauté for an additional minute. Then return the chicken breasts to the pan and sprinkle with the remaining fresh basil.
Remove from the heat and serve hot, garnished with fresh Parmesan if desired. Happy Cooking Time.