GUACAMOLE SHRIMP WONTON CUPS
This recipe looks so fancy, but it's so easy to make! I cheated and bought the already made guacamole at the grocery store, which cut my time in half.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 24 round won ton wrappers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups guacamole, homemade or store-bought
- 1 pound of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
First, preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a 24-cup mini muffin pan or coat with non-stick spray.
Then, insert a wonton wrap into each of the 24 muffin cups, pressing down carefully to make sure there is an opening in the center.
Place in the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, olive oil, garlic and Cajun seasoning; Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Preheat the grill to medium high heat. Add the shrimp to the grill and cook, turning once, until pink and opaque, about 2 minutes per side.
Fill each wonton with 1 tablespoon of guacamole and 1 shrimp.
Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro, if desired. Happy Cooking Time.