Hawaiian Wedding Cake
This is one of the best cake recipes for its amazing fruity flavors, but its fresh, creamy lightness.
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sweet flaked coconut, divided
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups whole or half and half milk
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 3/4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 thawed 16 oz frozen whipped topping, divided
- 2 x 3.4 oz cans instant coconut pudding mix
- 16 maraschino cherries with stems
First, preheat the oven to 350 ° F. Lightly spray the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Then, in a medium mixing bowl, combine the vanilla wafer crumbs, macadamia nuts, white chocolate chips, 1/4 cup flaked coconut and melted butter.
Press firmly on the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned and firm. Cool completely.
Increase oven temperature to broil. Spread the remaining coconut out on a baking sheet. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring periodically. Do not go. Cool completely.
To assemble: In a medium sized mixing bowl using an electric mixer, whisk together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth, stir in crushed pineapple and 1/3 of the hand whipped topping. Spread over the cooled crust.
In the same bowl, whisk together pudding mixture and milk until thickened but pourable. Pour evenly over the pineapple layer.
Frost top with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with toasted coconut and maraschino cherries.
Cool for 4 hours before cutting into pieces. Keep leftovers cool. Happy Cooking Time.
To decorate the top as shown, additional whipped cream will be needed.