Raisin Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
Soft and chewy with that signature house flavor, these are the best chewy and chewy raisin and oatmeal cookies. Your family will love these oatmeal raisin cookies!
- 1½ cup golden raisins
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cup pecans, coarsely chopped (I used ½ regular pecans and ½ candied pecans)
- ½ pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Then, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle, beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Lower the mixer to low heat and add the vanilla and eggs (one at a time).
In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Again, with the mixer over low heat, slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Add the oats, raisins and pecans and mix just enough to combine well.
Use a small ice cream scoop to drop 2-inch mounds of dough on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Flatten slightly with a wet hand. Bake, 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Let cool on a rack before eating. Happy Cooking Time.