Ravioli with Mushroom Cream Sauce
Mushroom ravioli made with the most delicious mushroom pâté, fresh homemade pasta and mixed in a creamy garlic and parmesan sauce. This pasta dish is perfect when you want something a little more special.
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 18 ounces of mushroom ravioli
- 1 / 2-1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon of Italian herb or Provence herb seasoning
- 8 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled OR 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper reduce to 1/4 teaspoon if using ground black pepper
First, fill a large pot with 4 inches of water, bring to a boil. Add the ravioli and boil for 3 minutes, then drain and blanch the ravioli by immediately running cold water over them. Option: Mix the ravioli in 1 teaspoon of olive oil to prevent them from sticking together.
Then, in a large skillet, combine the butter, garlic and mushrooms and sauté over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes until the mushrooms are tender and the garlic is fragrant.
Stir in the broth, bring to a boil, then stir in the heavy cream. Simmer until reduced to half and creamy (about 5 to 7 minutes).
Stir in the dried herbs, salt and pepper. Taste, add more salt and pepper if necessary.
Gently fold in the ravioli.
If desired, garnish with freshly grated Parmesan, parsley or thyme and cracked black pepper before serving. Happy Cooking Time.