Sizzling Tofu Recipe
Sizzling Tofu Sisig is creamy and spicy with tons of flavor and texture. It is a delicious appetizer or vegetarian main course.
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 garlic cloves - - minced
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 medium onion - - finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons of oil - - for frying
- 1 firm or extra firm tofu block - (about 350 grams)
- 3 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1 small red pepper - - finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper - - finely chopped
- 1 piece of bird's eye pepper - - sliced diagonally
- 1 piece of green pepper - - sliced diagonally
First, fry the tofu cubes in hot oil until golden brown on all sides. Remove the fried tofu from the oil and transfer to a paper towel lined plate to remove excess oil.
Then, in a sizzling plate or cast iron skillet, brown the garlic, onions and peppers in the butter for a minute or until the onions turn translucent.
Add mayonnaise, oyster sauce, water, green pepper and chili. Cook and simmer, stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the fried tofu and mix until well blended. Serve hot on a sizzling plate or cast iron skillet. Happy Cooking Time.