CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHERRY COOKIES
Sometimes you just need a chocolate fix and just being a vegan doesn't mean your chocolate days are over. These cookies are healthy chocolate heaven with dried cherries to add a little sweet surprise.
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips
- 10 oz maraschino cherries 1 jar - drained, patted dry, chopped, patted again
First, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Put aside.
Then, cream the sugars and butter together until light and fluffy.
Add the egg, vanilla and water and beat until blended.
Gradually incorporate the dry ingredients.
Stir in the mini chocolate chips and chopped cherries.
Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Line the baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
Scoop rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet. The dough is very thick.
Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until set. Don't overcook.
Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack.
store in a tightly closed case.
Happy Cooking Time.