Cookies and Cream Cookies
Cookies and Cream Cookies are soft, creamy treats loaded with chocolate and crunchy Oreos chunks. It's the perfect Christmas dessert and it only takes a bite to get hooked!
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks or 170 g) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 4-ounce (112 g) block of whole cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup (180 g) white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (100 g) packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 and 1/4 cups (280 g) all-purpose flour (scooped and leveled)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/4 cup coarsely chopped Oreos (Regular or Double Stuf)
First, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Put aside.
Then, in a large bowl using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle, beat cream cheese on medium-high speed until completely smooth and creamy . Add butter and beat until blended (see photo for a visual), scraping sides and bottom of bowl as needed. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat on high speed until blended, about 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl and beat again if needed to combine.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until blended. With the mixer on low speed, incorporate the white chocolate chips. Add Oreos and beat on low speed or fold in gently with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon (batter is heavy) until combined. Cover and chill the dough for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator (and up to 4 days). If you are cooling for more than a few hours, let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before rolling and baking, as the dough will be quite tough.
Preheat the oven to 350 ° F (177 ° C). Line the baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Put aside.
Roll out cookie dough, 1.5 tablespoons of dough per cookie, and place 3 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake for 12 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned on sides. The centers will look very soft.
Remove from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. While the cookies are still hot, I like to squeeze a few white chips or Oreo pieces into the tops - just for looks!
Cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week. Happy Cooking Time.