EASY CRISPY MONGOLIAN BEEF
Easy to prepare Mongolian beef in just 30 minutes, crispy, sweet and full of garlic and ginger flavors you love at your favorite Chinese restaurant.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons + 2 tablespoons of oil (vegetable or olive)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (low sodium is better)
- 1 lb flank steak (or your favorite cut of beef, thinly sliced)
First, heat the oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add the ginger and garlic and stir until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add soy sauce, water and brown sugar and bring to a boil. Boil 3-5 minutes or until thickened slightly. Put aside.
Then, slice flank steak into 1/4 "slices and toss with cornstarch. Gently shake off excess.
Put 1 tablespoon at a time of oil in a saucepan or wok and heat over medium-high heat. Cook the beef in small batches for about 2 minutes. (It doesn't need to cook completely, it cooks completely when combined with the sauce).
Once all the beef is cooked, toss with the sauce and heat over medium heat until hot and bubbling. Remove from the heat and stir in the green onions. Serve over rice. Happy Cooking Time.