Lentil and Sweet Potato Chili
Nothing says a comforting meal like this easy and filling vegetarian / vegan lentil and sweet potato chili. The perfect way to warm up on a cold day!
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes with green peppers
- 2 cups of steamed lentils
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes begin to soften, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, lentils, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, to taste.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 30 minutes.