MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP CUPCAKES
This mint chocolate chip cupcake is formed with soft chocolate cupcakes, mint frosting, and mini chocolate chips! A classic combination of flavors within the sort of a cupcake!
3/4 cup + 2 tbsp. Tbsp (114g) all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons (43g) of naturally unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 Tbsp (84 g) unsalted butter, temperature
3/4 cup (155 g) sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons oil
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. Tbsp (150 mL) milk
1/2 cup salted butter
1/2 cup shortening
4 cups (460 g) granulated sugar
2 teaspoons mint extract
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 to three tablespoons of water or milk
Green icing gel color
Mini chocolate chip
1. Preheat oven to 350 ° F (176 ° C) and prepare cupcake molds with cupcake molds.
2. to form cupcakes, combine flour, chocolate , bicarbonate of soda and salt during a medium sized bowl, set aside.
3. Add the butter, sugar, oil and vanilla to an outsized bowl and beat until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Don't skimp on creaming time.
4. Add eggs one by one, stir until well blended. Scrape the edges of the bowl as required to form sure all the ingredients are combined.
5. Add half the dry ingredients to the mixture and blend until well blended.
6. Add the milk slowly and stir until well blended. The dough will look thickened, but that's okay.
7. Add remaining dry ingredients and blend until well combined and smooth. Scrape the edges of the bowl as required to form sure all the ingredients are combined. Don't overly mix the dough.
8. Fill the cupcake mold about three-quarters full. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick is pushed out with a touch crumb.
8. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow them to cool for 2-3 minutes, then place them on a cooling rack for complete cooling.
9. to form the frosting, combine the butter and shortening during a large bowl with a mixer and blend well.
10. Add 2 cups of granulated sugar and blend well.
11. Add the vanilla and mint extracts and 1 tablespoon of water or milk, then mix well.
12. Add the remainder of the granulated sugar and blend well.
13. Add the remaining water or milk as required and blend well.
14. Apply frosting to cupcakes. I used an outsized round tip to evenly apply the icing on top, then smoothed the highest and sides with an offset spatula.
15. Add the mini chocolate chips to alittle bowl (or hold them slightly in your hand) and dip the edges of the frosting into the shavings to form them sticky.