Tuna Fish Cakes
Crispy on the outside and smooth on the inside, these tuna cakes are the perfect way to use up staples for an easy and delicious lunch!
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 2 5 ounce cans of tuna in well-drained water
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons of plain breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons of grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
First, start by draining the canned tuna from the water. I use a small colander for this.
Then combine it with garlic, onion, salt and pepper, lemon juice and zest, egg, breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan and dried parsley. Mix well.
Combine remaining breadcrumbs and grated cheese in a shallow dish. Scoop 1/4 cup of the tuna mixture, form a patty and lightly coat with the breading mixture.
Fry the cake in a pan with oil, until golden brown on each side. Remove from the mold and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with spinach or other greens, an extra lemon wedge or even a simple aioli. Happy Cooking Time.