Eggless Mango Semolina Cake
Simple, easy to make and delicious egg free semolina mango cake recipe (Indian cake recipe) using semolina flour (sooji / rava) and mango pulp.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom (elaichi)
- 1/4 cup oil - Any flavorless oil or even butter or ghee if you prefer
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of semolina / Rava / Sooji (I used the fine variety)
- 1 cup mango pulp (ready to use / canned / fresh mango pulp - I used fresh)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts for garnish, I used pistachios as they add nice color and texture (optional)
First, preheat the oven to 170 degrees C.
Then, mix the Sooji with the sugar, cardamom and baking powder.
Then add the oil and mix well. Finally, add the mango pulp and mix again. Let sit for 10 minutes.
Pour into a greased loaf pan and garnish with nuts.
Place in the oven and cook for 30 to 35 minutes. Be careful and watch closely after 25 minutes.
Check with a toothpick to see if it's cooked properly. If the knife comes out clean, remove it immediately. If stored longer, the cake will become hard on the top.
Let cool completely, then cut and serve.
Happy Cooking Time.