PUMPKIN QUINOA CHILI
This Pumpkin Quinoa Chili is the ultimate vegetarian chili recipe. It's packed with protein, made in a slow cooker, and packed with nutritious ingredients!
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2-3 cups of vegetable broth or broth depending on the desired thickness
- 1 chopped zucchini
- 1 can or 2 cups rinsed black beans
- 3-4 minced garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 2 cans of BPA-free diced tomatoes
- 1 can or 2 cups of pumpkin puree
- 1 can or 2 cups rinsed kidney beans
- A dash of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 green pepper, diced (or canned)
- Sea salt and crushed pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- A dash of crushed pepper optional
First, in a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
Then, add the onion and pepper and cook until the onions become translucent.
Add all the other ingredients and stir to combine.
Bring to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat to medium-low and stir occasionally for about 15 to 20 minutes, until the quinoa is cooked through.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes.
Decorate with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
I added a little extra pumpkin, about 1 / 3-1 / 2 cup to make it a little thicker at the end. You can also add more tomato paste, I didn't drain the cans of tomatoes, if you prefer more spices use a jalapeño instead of a chili.