Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers
Fresh spinach, crumbled feta cheese, and sundried tomato vinaigrette add an easy Mediterranean twist to your basic turkey burger.
- cucumber slices
- 4 ounces of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1/4 cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- thin slices of red onion
First, in a large bowl, use your hands to combine the turkey, chopped spinach, feta, garlic, breadcrumbs, black pepper and olive oil until well blended.
Then, divide into 4 equal portions (about 4 inches in diameter, 1 inch thick). Transfer to a plate and refrigerate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
Preheat a grill over medium heat. Oil the grates and grill the burgers until no longer pink and juices run clear, about 5 minutes per side.
Serve on buns with mayonnaise, cucumber and red onion.
Happy Cooking Time.