Chilli Crab Recipe
Chili Crab is a very popular. This is an easy chilli crab recipe that anyone can make at home. A family recipe for chili crab.
- 4 small crabs, cleaned and split, large claws slightly cracked About 1.5 kg
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar and wine
- 5 tablespoons of sweet chili sauce
- 1 cup chopped shallots about 8 ounces
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of sriracha chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- little spoon of salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste or ketchup if you don't have any
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tbsp peanut oil or any other cooking oil
- spring onions and red peppers for garnish
First, prepare the crabs, remove the main shell, remove the claws and cut the legs into two pieces.
Then, for the sauce, in a very hot wok, brown the garlic and ginger in a little oil. About 1 min, do not let the garlic burn.
Put all the ingredients for the sauce (except the cornstarch) in the wok and stir, lower the heat.
Mix the cornstarch in a few tablespoons of water to form a flowing liquid. Add a few tablespoons to the sauce to thicken it. It should get a little more gooey to adhere to the crabs.
When the right consistency is reached, adjust the seasoning to taste.
Add the crabs and coat with the sauce. If it is raw, cook it until the crabs change color and are cooked through, about 7 minutes. If cooked, cook until crabs are heated through.
Put everything on a large serving platter. Sprinkle with chives for color.
Serve hot with slices of toast or steamed rice.
Happy Cooking Time.