ONE POT CHICKEN FAJITA PASTA
This One-Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta is filled with your favorite chicken fajita flavors! This delicious chicken pasta recipe is ready in under 30 minutes, so goodbye to boring mid-week meals.
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 2 teaspoon of sukrin: gold
- 260 g (10.5 oz) uncooked penne pasta (option to use gluten free option) - reserve 1/2 cup pasta water (120 mL)
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped (seeded)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (2 syns) - or use spray oil to make it completely syn-free
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 500g chicken thighs (or can use chicken breast, beef or shrimp)
- juice of a small lime
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional) - omit if you don't like it too spicy
- 1 zucchini (zucchini), cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- avocado oil spray
- freshly chopped cilantro (cilantro)
First, add the lime juice, cumin, jalapeno, cayenne pepper, paprika, oregano, sukrin gold, salt, olive oil (or oil in spray) in a mini food processor. ), crushed garlic and a little salt and blitz several times until you get a paste. Add to the chicken and toss to coat well. Refrigerate for a few hours to marinate.
Then, cook the pasta until al dente, drain and set aside (reserving some of the pasta water)
Spray a pan with a little spray of avocado oil over medium-high heat. Add the marinated chicken mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, remove the chicken and set aside.
Add the peppers, onion and zucchini (zucchini) and stir constantly until the vegetables are tender and crispy.
Return the chicken to the pan
Add the tomato paste and the reserved cooking water.
Add the cooked pasta and mix well until the sauce lightly covers all the pasta and is heated through.
Season as needed with salt and black pepper and garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
Serve with your choice of sides / toppings.
Happy Cooking Time.