Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
A quick and easy vegan stir-fry made with instant ramen noodles, fresh vegetables and a delicious homemade sauce.
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon of Sriracha, or more, to taste
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 2 packets (3.5 ounces) instant ramen noodles, flavor packs discarded
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of toasted sesame seeds
First, in a large pot of boiling water, cook the ramen noodles until tender, about 3-4 minutes; rinse with cold water and drain well.
Then, in a medium bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, oyster sauce, rice wine vinegar and sriracha.
Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes; put aside.
Stir in broccoli, onion, bell pepper and mushrooms until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Stir in garlic and ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Stir in the chicken broth mixture, scraping up the golden bits from the bottom of the pan.
Stir in ramen noodles and chicken until heated through and evenly coated with sauce, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired. Happy Cooking Time.