SPINACH EGG DROP SOUP
Spinach Egg Soup Extremely easy to prepare, with simple ingredients you already have in the fridge. This soup is light, low in calories and low in carbs, perfect for spring and summer.
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 cups of spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 pastured egg
- 1 1/2 cups bone broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (use a microplane to grate your ginger)
- 1 tablespoon of cultured sauerkraut (optional)
First, in a small bowl, beat the egg. Put aside.
Then, add the broth, ginger and apple cider vinegar to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
Lower the heat, add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 30 seconds.
Slowly pour in the beaten egg while stirring the soup in one direction.
Put out the fire.
Pour into a bowl. Season with salt to taste.
Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
Serve with sauerkraut on the side.
Happy Cooking Time.
For a thicker soup, use 1½ cups of broth or 2 eggs.