Tuna Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Why not switch up and combine two great sandwiches into one? A perfect, simple and easy melted tuna grilled cheese sandwich is a great addition to the lunch rotation.
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 can (6 to 8 ounces) tuna in water, drained and chopped
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 slices of cooked bacon
- 1 ½ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons of butter, room temperature
First, arrange the tomato slices on a cutting board or plate and sprinkle with salt; let stand 15 minutes.
Then, meanwhile, combine the tuna, cheddar, basil, thyme and red onions in a mixing bowl; stir to incorporate.
Brush the outside of each slice of bread with butter and sprinkle the buttered side with Parmesan; press to adhere to bread.
Inside two slices of bread, evenly divide a layer of the cheese mixture, tomatoes and bacon.
Top with the remaining slices of bread, buttered side out.
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
Place the sandwiches in the pan and cook over medium heat, 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown, pressing down firmly on the sandwich with a spatula before turning the sandwich over to cook. other side.
Remove from the pan.
Cut the sandwiches in half and serve.
Happy Cooking Time.