Avocado Salmon Salad
A quick solo salmon supper made with just a handful of ingredients. Avocado, cucumber and lettuce salad, garnished with grilled fish and a squeeze of lemon.
Ingredients for the salmon salad:
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil for sautéing
- 1 lb salmon fillets, boneless, skinless, cut into 4 fillets
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Ingredients for the lemon dill vinaigrette:
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped dill
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice from 2 medium lemons
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Ingredients for the avocado salmon salad:
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 romaine lettuce (1 medium head or 6 cups chopped)
- 1/2 small red onion (1/2 cup) thinly sliced
First, in a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients: 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons dill, 1 teaspoon sea salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Mix and set aside.
Then, season both sides of the salmon fillets with 1 tsp garlic salt and 1/8 tsp pepper, or season to taste.
Heat 1/2 tsp. Oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the salmon and cook 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through (cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the salmon fillet ). Place the salmon on a plate and place 1 teaspoon of vinaigrette on each fillet. Let cool to room temperature.
Arrange the salad ingredients in the salad bowl: 6 cups romaine lettuce, sliced English cucumber, sliced radish, 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion and sliced avocado. Drizzle with remaining lemon vinaigrette and toss to combine. Divide among 4 plates and garnish each plate with a salmon fillet. Happy Cooking Time.